Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Summer 1998

I was at the Cue Lounge next door to the Alamo Drafthouse one night after work... not by my own choice, I might add. The place reeks of high-dollar hipness and there are actually mini-TV's in all the booths, and a huge big-screen right smack-dab in the middle of one of the walls. Turning away from the increasingly intoxicated and incoherent babbling of my co-workers, who should I spot at nearby table but none other than Harry J. Knowles, Jr. himself, accompanied by his equally feral-looking, white-haired pops...

They both seemed fairly intent on their own conversation - which one can only guess probably involved a spirited debate on the merits of Ewoks vs. Wookies or some other such nonsense. Realizing that I would never achieve the greatness of being called the 'Wolf Blitzer of the Internet' by Quentin Tarantino, or experience the thrill of painting models with Robert Rodriguez, I turned my lowly head away in shame... (sniff!)

Chuckles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home