Tuesday, March 21, 2006

January 12, 2001

MAN OH MAN!! Two Harry sightings in less than a weeks time. What the hell is going on? Are Harry and I somehow linked?!!

It was a dark and stormy night as my undercover accomplice NUBLET and I make our way to the Alamo Drafthouse for a midnight screening of BLACK BELT JONES. We were in a frantic rush to get there because we had tried to see the screening of SHAFT there earlier in the summber - ON TWO DIFFERENT NIGHTS - and both were sold out.

Sadly enough, what I think the main reason for the huge crowds was that most of these dumbasses thought they were going to see the "updated" Shaft with Samuel Jackson. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Sam J. But a Shaft remake? I question: "Why"?

Fortunately, this time we made it in plenty of time. Upon walking into the Alamo, Nublet and I were both greeted with an icy cold 40 oz bottle of Mickey's Malt Liquor. Oh yeah!! And you know what? IT WASN'T THAT BAD. Now, I've had plenty of malt liquor in my time (Schlitz, OE, Colt 45 and, the worst of all, Country Club) - more so than any white boy should have, probably - and I was expecting that familiar "Malt Liquor Experience" when I opened the Mickey's. But it wasn't there. It was just like regular beer. Mmmm. I've just thought of an ad slogan for them, "Mickey's - It's time to go back"

Of course, when we walk into the theater, who should be sitting in the front row AVEC posse? Harry, naturally. It looks like his dad was there and some members of the AICN gang that I couldn't recognize. Was this the mysterious "Capone"? Perhaps the elusive "Moriarity"?

Before I continue with my report, however, I have to rant about something. Sorry, but this is really starting to piss me off.

I hereby declare that IT IS NO LONGER COOL TO WEAR A BLACK LEATHER JACKET! I'm not saying this because I am the King of All Things Cool. I'm saying this because it seems pretty obvious, yet for some reason these things keep proliferating. Examples? I work at a dot com. My supervisor worked in the publishing industry for a long time. In other words, he's more or less a librarian. HE WEARS A LEATHER JACKET.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Joe Bryan Baker's "Abra Films" said...

Just typed my comments now they want me to type them again! Damn Fangled new computer gizmoz! Joe
here. Anglo Chinese actor from
Austin vis a vis Tiger Off Beat... In Heat... etc. 15 secs went by way too fast! Tell QT.... Good work on Death Proof! Starsky and
Hazzard meets Cannonball Run meets The Hitchhiker! And then some! Bought the vid for 2 bucks at a shop here in Pig Penh. Your loosing millions on parroted vids. Can't trust these tropical birds! Polly wanna 2 dolla copy? Watchy looong time. Fight'n Bushco with absentia descent for 5 years!
Teaching Engalissh, electrick
guitar, and doin some film fixing
and coord when it comes around.
Haven't seen Alec Baldwin doin what he said he would do? Being
here is a lot easier than dodging APD in a fucking '75 Firebird on South Congress for a year like the last time I saw youz guyz! Gotta run.... or I mean I got the runz..
Ya'll take care now! Andiamo
Monjare! Spelling?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Joe Bryan Baker's "Abra Films" said...

Joe Schmo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home